Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blogging for Dummies?

This is my first official attempt at blogging. I have several friends who have wonderful blogs and I think it is a wonderful way to display your thoughts and creativity so I am giving it a shot! Welcome to Knot2Shabby Bags & Brags Blog!

My name is Chriss Blystone and I am the proud owner of Knot2Shabby Bags & Brags. This is my small handmade bag, art and jewelry business. I started this almost 2 years ago and I am having a great time with it. I am a Etsy addict and have learned a lot from all the new friends and contacts I have met on this site.

Here's a link to my Etsy Store.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Knot2Shabby

I also enjoy doing craft shows with my buddy Milla. She has a small business called Milla's Custom Creations. This is our second year doing craft shows. This year we are branching out and doing a few shows in Kansas as well as Missouri.

Well enough about business stuff. Here's a little info about me.

I am a 43 years old. I was born in Kansas City, MO and moved to Independence, MO when I was 2 years old and I have virtually lived there ever since then. I graduated from high school in 1985 and attended University of Central Missouri where I majored in Graphic Arts Technology. I graduated in 1987 with my Associates in Science degree. I am a daily planner for a printing company. That job pays the bills. My dream is to own my own little shop some day but until then I dream...I love all sorts of crafts. Right now I am totally into wire wrapped and twisted wire jewelry. I love scrapbooking, sewing, mixed media and all sorts of funky things.

I met my husband Mike on a blind date when I was a sophomore in high school. We were married February 13, 1988 and have been married 23 years now.

I have 2 children.
Cody is 21 years old and enjoys football. More like Loves Football. He still lives at home and is currently a press feeder.

Kelesy is 17 years old and will be entering her Senior year .this fall. She enjoys hanging out with her friends. and driving her mustang. She works part time at a local retail store.

In addition to that we have several animals which I am sure will pop up in this blog from time to time.
We live in a small house on the outskirts of Independence. The house is very small but it is on 3 beautiful acres which I love more than the house.

Speaking of Love. I purchased a used convertible VW Beetle last fall and I am having a blast beeping around town in her. Her name is Buttercup.

Well I better stop there for now. Please drop me a line if you happen to stumble upon this blog.

Talk to you soon!
Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment