Thursday, June 9, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things.

I decided that I would list a few of my current favorite things. I have a few favorites that have been with me all my life but as I grow older I seem to appreciate more things and I go thru phases. A couple years ago I loved making cards. All my extra time was spent making cards. One year I sent all of my family and friends cards for every occassion. It was a lot of fun but it started to be come more of a chore than enjoyment for me so I decided to lay off doing it for a while. I am sure I will eventually go back to it but for now here's what I am in to.

1) Jesus first. Without him I would be nothing. He is always there with me. I am truly blessed to have a personal relationship with him.

2) Spending time with family and friends. One of my best friends from college and high school moved back from California about 2 years ago. Since her return my buddies have started hanging out together more and I love it! It makes me feel a little younger!  My kids are 21 and 17 so they aren't into hanging out with me as much. I hope that changes soon. My husband & I are still best friends so we are doing more and more things together again. We recently started biking. Well Mike has been riding for a while but he is being patient with me. We are trying to ride 2 to 3 times a week 2 to 3 miles each time. Mike rides almost every day and when I am not with him he rides 10 to 25 miles at a time. I am hoping to get to 10 by the end of summer.

3) Crafting - There is just something about crafts that makes me feel good. I love working with my hands. It teaches me patience and humility at times! I feel really great when something turns out just the way I planned. I began selling my crafts about 2 years ago on Etsy and last year I started doing craft shows. I am having a great time doing it. Right now I am into wire wrapping jewelry and making my shabby bags. I want to learn more about metal stamping and get brave enough to incorporate soldering into my jewelry as well. I have tried it but I have to say it kind of scares me..

4) Ice Tea - If anyone knows me they know unsweet ice tea with extra ice is my main staple! I drink it all the time. If it's not tea it's water. Our local QuikTrip has a ice tea bar and I love love love the Black Mango Tea and they of course have good crushed ice! I like to treat myself to a couple of these each week (I just finished one grin).

5) Buttercup - Last October we decided to help our son by selling him my husbands old truck which was in great shape. That left us short a vehicle. I decided that it was time for me to have a fun car since I have been driving mom cars for quite a while so after looking and looking I decided on used light yellow VW Beetle convertible! I immediately named her Buttercup. I only had a few weeks of weather before it got too cold and the top had to stay up. Summer is here and let me tell you I am having a blast. I chopped my hair off and bought some new shades. Looking for a light yellow VW ball cap...

Well that's enough for now.

I would love to hear some of your favorite things!

TTYS!
Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment